Wednesday, July 22, 2009

QUEBEC CITY!!!!!


Initially leaving Montreal was tough as we had met up with some friends that really sent warm homely feelings through all of us, it was a gorgeous day and we were situated at a beautiful lake! Before we left we were welcomed to Waffles, bacon and fruit it was delicious!!!! 

Initially when I started riding out of the Montreal Area I thought my body was extremely exhausted, yet I started to travel through gorgeous country and felt absolutely rejuvenated. Yet from a cycling standpoint, Quebec has been the friendliest place to cycle. All the way from the boarder to Quebec City I was given the luxury of traveling on a 8ft shoulder next to the gorgeous St. Lawrence river. There is a bunch of great cycling routes throughout Quebec called the Route Verte (The Green Route), these travel from city to city through low traffic backroads through gorgeous country. I managed to get onto one of this on my way to Trois Riviere and again today to Quebec city. All throughout these two days I weaved along the St. Lawrence where I was next to massive cargo boats, sail boats, and through gorgeous farm country, and at one point I was under canopy trees covering the road right next to the road. The entire time I was thinking "Wow what did I do to deserve this!"


What a beautiful city Quebec is! I really believe this is the most historical city we have been to yet. As we traveled through the streets of old Quebec you have a feeling you are in Europe, than you see cobblestone streets, extravagant buildings and Blue Quebec and Red and White Canadian flags everywhere. There are statues everywhere along the cobblestone walkways of many influential figures (Such as Ghandi!!!) 
Horse carriages travel the streets and there are people crowding the streets walking everywhere. 

We are meet up with Michael who is a News Print Reporter in Old Quebec City. We met up at this neat cafe in downtown Quebec and just sat and chatted about everything that has taken place over the last two and half months. He was extremely enjoyable to be around and really conducted a wonderful interview 

Today I was listening to Try hard by the Lytics and a line really stuck out to me. "When I cash my first cheque I am going to give it all back." To give a little bit of background information on this group they are from Winnipeg. While I was there they played at a fundraiser and gave Chase the Cure their first cheque that they had made as a group. I was just thinking how difficult that is to do a band "trying to make it". Most of the times all the funds gained are used to make you bigger. Yet this time the members of the Lytics realized how important it is to give back if we all follow the lead of this young group who play phenomenal music will make tremendous steps in finding a cure to this disease. Click here to check out their tunes 


Tomorrow we will travel back to Montreal via our RV to be welcomed at the Montreal Allouttes home game. We are most definitely excited about this opportunity to associate ourselves with the Alloutes. But for the meantime I will leave you with me being a flower in a flower pot! 


No comments: