Monday, July 20, 2009

OF MONTREAL!!!!



I have been trying to blog for the last few days but unable to upload some pictures until now!!! We left Ottawa Friday and traveled through the little bit we had left of Ontario. I let the RV go ahead as I knew they needed a break from "RV Living" and to get out and do something enjoyable. I wrote my directions, and headed off, not even thinking about a map.

Well, let me say that my Google directions completely failed me and I ended up doing an extra 50kms of riding and had great difficulty getting out of Ontario. I went back and forth looking for a road from Clarence Creek, to Clarence about 4 times. I must admit, it was a bit frustrating as I couldn't seem to find the road I was looking for. So, I phoned my brother to help me out. As I was calling him I found a Bike Route sign, and followed it. This was a huge mistake also, as it ended up winding me through country roads (both pavement and dirt) with nothing around me (except my dead cell phone). Now I began to look off in the distance and for buildings that might have a phone. I managed to get to one town and called my brother to come meet up with me. From here on, we managed to travel to LaChute which is just on the other side of Quebec!

After arriving in LaChute we decided to take a road that was longer, but what we thought was less busy. Needless to say, this was an uphill battle at the end of the day. We traveled through gorgeous lake country but the problem was, it was a Friday so traffic was a little greater than we expected. That is when we met a man by the name of Brian Potter! This man completed the cross-country trip in 2006. We spent the night talking about our trips and he hit all the desires I had.... shower, hot tub, and delicious food. I cannot thank Michelle and Brian so much for their hospitality!

The next morning, I started the downhill toward St. Jerome which is just outside of Montreal.

We moved into Montreal the following day, which was not far from where we were! We met up with the Cardins who are some fantastic people


Today we will be traveling toward Quebec City!!!!!

No comments: