Thursday, July 30, 2009

Moncton!

Rain Rain Rain.... yet somehow I continue to smile. Today was filled with series of heavy showers for around 170kms. At one point I felt a constant stream of water flowing off my face (it was quite nice sometimes as it provided a nice drinking fountain). I would look down and watch the water drip off my body and join the puddles on the road. Semis would pass me straying mist all over me, sometimes misting me so much that I was no longer visible. Yet the entire day all I could think was how lucky I am to be inspired by the people I have been. New Bruinswick has been quite the unique province as we have been sent several stories about those affected by this disease, each and every one of them makes me realize how fragile life is and how I need to appreciate every single day I have on the bike rain or shine. 

Today around 110kms into the ride I stopped into the RV just to chat with the team. While we were talking a knock hit the window. We were extremely confused as we were literally in the middle of nowhere. It was a man fully dressed in Military clothing..... initially I was extremely confused but when I went out to greet him, he was the kindest man. His name was Jeff and he had heard about the Chase on the radio and  saw us on his way to where is was stationed and wanted to make a donation. We chatted for a while and he absolutely lifted my spirits and gave me more strength to continue on my way. 

Now we are currently situated just outside of Moncton and will be riding in with members of the community football club to meet with the Deputy Mayor from the Coliseum  starting at 11:15am. I have to send a huge thank you out to the Atlantic Lottery Corporation volunteers for organizing this ride in and the BBQ which will follow. I encourage everyone in the Moncton area to come out to this ride in and make a difference in your community!!!!!!! 

No comments: