Friday, July 31, 2009

Moncton you are Wonderful! "Be...in this Place"




There have been times while writing on this blog that I've worried. I've worried that I do not represent a place to the calibre that they welcomed us and made a difference in the fight against cancer. Moncton is exactly one of these places. If you are ever looking for some of the friendliest, warmest-hearted people in this country come straight to Moncton, New Brunswick. Today, we officially were welcomed by the city of Moncton.

Realistically, I am going to have an extremely tough time leaving Moncton, as this place is really something special. I arrived at the city limits to be welcomed by a police officer on a motorcycle. Right away, he moved into the opposing lane traffic, and completely created a break in the traffic allowing for me to cross over. Little did I know that I would be met by 15 other cyclists that would ride in with me to City Hall. All of these cyclists shared a passion in wanting to make a difference in the fight against cancer. We traveled through the city of Moncton to be welcomed by two particular familiar faces. Both my father and mother were flown into Moncton by Alantic Lottery and the City of Moncton to be present at the arrival into this great city. I had no clue this was happening and was extremely shocked when this occurred. The utter shock and confusion when I first saw them really took me back...... at this point it had been quite some time since I had seen both of them and it was fairly emotional.

From there, we were greeted by Moncton's Deputy Mayor Merrill Henderson, Ian Fowler, and Atlantic Lottery's Brent Scrimshaw. The City of Moncton generously donated $500.00 and the Atlantic Lottery worked together to raise $2,200 to make a difference in the fight against cancer in the New Brunswick jurisdiction. While this was happening, there was a BBQ, along with many spectacular speeches.

I have to send a huge thank you out to the Scrimshaw's, and Fowler's, and all the volunteers of Atlantic Lottery, and the City of Moncton. You each made this welcome a highlight of my trip and I cannot wait to come back and see you all again.

Later that night, we were given a full on guide of Moncton. We experienced Magnetic Hill (wow... you really do travel uphill!) and a giant lobster, with our wonderful tour guide Amy & Ian Fowler. They were fantastic people and definitely showed us how to eat lobster properly. All in all, this city holds an extremely dear part of my heart as they really know how to make a difference in the fight against cancer!!!!!
|



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Wes,
You and your team are the inspiration! It was a pleasure to help out and great to meeting you, Ashley, and Brody..finally! Your stop in Moncton was no doubt a nice stop. The look on your face and tears in your parents eyes upon you all seeing each other was priceless! :-)

Looking forward to the PEI and NFLD postings.

Safe travels and I hope our paths to cross again.

Congrats on all the hard work, Wes. You truly are making a difference.

Cheers!
--Colin

Angelina Keffi said...

There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus. Soreness/Injury  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Hepatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  HeartBurn, Erysipelas, Thyroid, Relapsing polychondritis,  Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Smallpox, Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Depression,  Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dying in pain and full of heartbreak. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony of herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contacted him to try my luck, we talked and he sent me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cured totally. I don't really know how it happens but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.