Friday, June 12, 2009

TOBA TOBA TOBA!


Today I officially cross into the Manitoba Boarder making the count 3 provinces completed. 

The last couple of days of biking have moved rather smoothly I travelled from Regina to Brandon over two days. I found my mind wandering a lot about my grandfather who lost his battle to cancer in Saskatchewan, and began to think of the many in this province who are effected by this disease. I continually hoped that Canadians would understand the need for us to make a difference in the fight against cancer as we never know when this disease will become apart of our life.  I also to begin to think about how grateful I am for everyone who has made Chase the Cure what it is today. It has been a incredible experience to this point that has touched the lives of so many and we haven't even hit the halfway mark. I plan to continue to share my story while hearing the stories of others, and encourage Canadians coast to coast to make a difference in the fight, while supporting those currently effected! 

Before I left Regina I found myself not only thinking about the things that were said at Campell Collegiate, but also the things said by Jim Hopson and the Riders. I stumbled across a fantastic article about Chase the Cure in Regina and encourage all to read it by clicking here

I strolled across a couple of friends from a camp I attended in Alberta today. We met up in the oddest fashion considering we are both on bicycles going large distances. Calder and Kate are doing a Central Canada Bike tour biking from Camp Wanakita in Ontario to Camp Chief Hector in Alberta. They are raising funds for the strong kids foundation to benefit campers who are less fortunate and may not be able to attend camp without financial support! Check out their cause by clicking here. It was fantastic to sit down with them and talk about their trip thus far, and how the roads to come for the Chase are going to be!! I wish them nothing but the best in their journey to just outside of Canmore Alberta! 

There will be a new video up.... fingers crossed I am hoping for tomorrow and we will ride into Winnipeg June 15th from the Unicity Walmart please come out and join us!!!!! 

Goodnight for now from Brandon as we will be here for another day to chat with the media here!!! Together We Ride 

No comments: