Monday, May 25, 2009

Chase the Cure Rolls into Calgary

New Chase the Cure Video! Enjoy :) 



Today was a different day I can say at the least! We drove out to Banff to meet Sid from TSN, and problems occurred right away! Before starting the shoot, I realized a part was missing from my bike, so we completed the portrait shots in a gorgeous area just outside of Banff. I must say that Sid was amazing at working with the scenery, framing to create an unbelievable shot every time. From there we went and got the part that was needed from Doug at Magic Mountain in Banff who generously gave me the part for free as his donation! We were on the road biking into a strong headwind! Just after crossing out of the Banff Provincial Park, my back tire popped. We sat at a standstill and Sid filmed while I changed my tire. Once it was fixed, I hoped on my bike and went into Canmore for a washroom break! I walked out of the doors after a break to rain and stronger headwinds, and unable to find Sid or Ashley in the support vehicle but continued to bike! I biked frustrated by the headwinds for around a half hour before Sid came past me and set up another shot! 


Through all the frustration I managed to meet an amazing human being, in Sid from TSN, he was a wonderful character who seemed just as devoted to Chase the Cure as many are and I thank him for that! 


I came home tonight to meet a young man by the name of Tyler Remington (above) who is truly a difference-maker in the fight against cancer. He made an extremely generous contribution to Chase the Cure in Alberta to help those who are currently fighting in this province.


I also found out that two friends of mine Sid and Robin had stopped by the house and decided to ride with us (as you can see below Robin is Riding in style) 




I thank Robin and Sid for their extremely generous donation, and I want them to know that their money will make a difference in the fight against cancer!!! I thank these individuals for starting off the Chase the Cure Alberta campaign so successfully and I encourage others to join and make a difference in the fight against cancer by chasing the cure as these individuals have. 


That is all for now! Much Love and Goodnight :) 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wes your awesome. Great video! Glad your ride is going well, I wish I could be there to eat chips and twinkies with Brodie!

Unknown said...

Loving the blog bro!!!

Steve said...

Great vid! Keep it up Wes!! Looking forward to a big Wpg event!
St. Louis

Paradime Clothing said...

Wicked video Wes!