Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chase the Cure Begins Tomorrow


Mile 0, marks many symbolic beginnings. Where Terry Fox was supposed to finish his journey, yet in my mind completed his journey. As he completed his goal of inspiring many across Cancer. It marks the beginning of Canada going from West to East. It marks the beginning of Chase the Cure. 

Tomorrow is the first leg of Chase the Cure, I will take my bike down to the water and dip the back wheel into the Pacific Ocean, and begin to travel coast to coast. I have a variety of feelings going through my body right now, excitement, concerned, and not knowing what to expect. Yet there is a overwhelming calm in myself, as I am completely and solely focused on making a difference in Victoria and encouraging Canadians here to make a difference. 

I hope you will continue to follow and tell others about the "Chase" to end cancer, and we will accomplish miracles. 

Together We Ride

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good luck and good ride Wes. You are doing a great thing. We at St. Paul's will be riding with you on the 14th when we have the "Keep The Wheels Rolling With Wes" day.

-Larry Franz