Monday, April 6, 2009

Only A Month Away!!!!

In a month I will be at a elementary school in Kelowna BC telling the story of how Cancer effected my life, as well as others such as a boy named Michael in Newfoundland. I have been planning Chase the Cure for nearly a entire year now, and to look back and see what we have accomplished is extremely rewarding. The things that I envisioned have now come true... New ideas have stemmed, and I hope only that every single Canadian on route, or not plays a bigger role in this entire ride, then anyone else who has helped organized this. I truthfully am thrilled every time someone approaches me and wants to make a difference in the fight against Cancer by gaining pledges, by putting on a event, or asking to help in anyway they can. When this happens a smile literally breaks out immediately on my face! You are the difference that can defeat this disease, and we need to work together to succeed. 

I have to admit there has been several struggles along the way. For example when dealing with sponsors it is a tricky business and in todays economy I found the door being slammed on my face before I even had a chance to ask for their support. Yet there have been many who have opened their arms and embraced what is to happen.... to them I thank very much. 

I only hope the strides continue to be large, and that at the beginning of the ride on May 15 we start a new journey as Canadians, the journey of feeling making a difference in this fight. The feeling of supporting each other and strangers we do not know. The feeling of selfless actions, and mostly a feeling of being alive, mobile, and able to be the Change you want to see as Ghandi puts it.

I am excited and I hope you are also :) Stay Tuned, Create Awareness, Raise Funds, Make a difference, as we are all in this together!!!! 

Together We Ride 

No comments: