Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Youth Movement In Winnipeg




Over Christmas there were a lot of finely dressed, young women and men doing their part to Chase the Cure. Two girls approached me earlier this year asking if they would be able to put together a 'Benefit' formal for Chase the Cure. Ecstatic about getting the youth in Winnipeg involved I watched this event grow into something extremely special.

The night consisted of Chase the Cure posters which they had made themselves (I might say they looked great), Red and White Balloons, and Chase the Cure colors and brochures everywhere. Parents of the youth showed up in full force to help with the event, also to take donations at the donations table set up. This table sold $400 dollars in Never Alone Wristbands and pins. These youth of Winnipeg danced their night away, socialized and overall I had the impression that everyone in attendance; even the security whom was a friend of mine had a great time being apart of this event.

I would like to thank those who were involved in organizing this event, as I am truly proud to openly talk to other youth and inspire them to Chase the Cure along with you. I would like to thank everyone who donated, as well as everyone who came out to the event to help Chase the Cure!!!!!!

Together We Ride,


No comments: