Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wonderful day and Wonderful Stay in Kelowna


Today was most definitely a day to remember I woke up this morning and Ashley managed to whip up a pile of interviews for me today as I was speaking at a school. In total there were seven interviews conducted all before 1:30pm before we spoke about Chase the Cure at AS Matheson. When I arrived at AS Matheson I was met by a former professor and now proud to say friend of mine Shona who arrived with smiles as she has followed the progress of Chase the Cure from the very beginnings. Her daughter and son Paige and Mason for the previous two days set up a lemonade stand in support of Chase the Cure, and raised over $43 dollars. They are truly difference makers in the fight against Cancer! 
Great friends of mine Ryan, Jen, Connie, and Sarah came out to see what this presentation consisted of and I thank them for their support. While speaking at the school the students turned out some phenomenal questions, and created an event called Toonies for Two Weeks, encouraging the kids to bring in donations of two dollars as often as they can for two weeks to make a difference in the fight against cancer! These kids are a complete inspiration to this ride and will be fantastic leaders of tomorrow. Special thanks to Scott Sieben and his staff, as well as Shona Harrison for setting up this great day :) Also thank you to Brodie and Ashley for helping organize and set up this event to inspire these children of AS Matheson! 


The Pendleton family is one of a kind. They completely opened their doors to us for multiple days and really made a huge difference in our stay in Kelowna. Their generous actions in both donations and housing, and heartwarming smiles, brought a completely enjoyable stay in Kelowna. I cannot ever thank them enough for all that they have done for the Chase the Cure, and really have made a difference by allowing us to stay with them! They are truly difference makers in the fight against cancer as they were as equally excited about Chase the Cure gaining coverage in Kelowna as we were. I will most definitely carry their passion for life, kindness, and generosity along with me in this ride as we travel coast to coast! 

Before I left I was given a card from close friends in Kelowna whom not only took time out of busy schedules to see me on numerous occasions but also donated their own money to the Chase. I thank my friends for being extremely generous and being difference makers in the fight against cancer! I cannot wait to see all of you again and wish all of you a wonderful summer :) 

I thank all of those who came out and interviewed Chase the Cure today as you truly made a difference in encouraging Canadians to stand up and make a difference in the fight against cancer! Keep making a difference Kelowna and we will find a cure to this disease! 

I look forward to see what the cities on route to Calgary have to offer the 'Chase' 

That is all for now have a great night :) 





No comments: