Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Truth... My Thoughts

Two Wheels & Handle Bars....
Many have questioned me in regards in what I believe the toughest part of Chase the Cure will be. Mainly my reply is the ride is not the difficult part, as it is not about the ride. As they prod further though to ask what will be physically draining, each area of Canada poses its own difficulties: 
 
The Mountains: The Rockies most definitely contain some very tough climbs, but with every hill you travel up, you eventually get to travel back down. The Coquihalla High presents the largest climb 

The Prairies: Generally most believe the prairies could be the easiest section, yet with a headwind this assumed "walk through the park" can be turned into the toughest section of the ride 

Ontario Hills: Ontario actually has some very tough hills and pose a extremely tough challenge during this ride 

The Unexpected: To be honest I fully do not know what to expect from Quebec and the Maritimes as I know that my body will be tired by that point and the going could be difficult. 

I know that the entire ride I will remember that what my body is going through is extremely easy, compared to those whom are fighting this disease, night, and day being my inspiration to keep going for them! 


The Outstretched Hand....
What worries me the most is the one thing that I am unable to control. I can control my fitness, I can control the organization of the ride, the one thing I cannot control is the awareness of Chase the Cure through word of mouth. It completely depends on everyone who knows about this ride. Word of mouth is the most powerful way to get a message across, and everyone who spreads the word is truthfully making a tremendous difference in this fight against Cancer. I greatly  appreciate everyone who has already told all of their friend about Chase the Cure. I encourage everyone to come out when we are in your area and ride with us!!!! 

The Emotions....
This is probably one of the most unexpected situations within the ride we will face. The emotions of the ups and downs, the people we meet and the stories we hear. I really hope that I will be able to capture these through blogs, and vidoes in order for you to see everything we get to see, as well understand the emotions when it comes to dealing with Cancer. 


Hope to see everyone on the Road!!! Please spread the word of Chase the Cure, and lets together youth, adults, and elders make Cancer a thing of the past. 

Together We Ride  

2 comments:

The Four Writters said...

I'm excited to see how you deal with this. I really hope I get a chance to bike some part with you. Hopefully I'll be able to find free time during a section of your journey. It's unlikely I would be able to keep up, unless I was to tether myself to your bike. The added weight would be offset by my cheering, encouragement and whipping skills. Also I would bring cookies and if you grew angry i would simply sway you with chocolate chippity goodness.

- Brody the Writter

Wes Bauer said...

Most definitely come and ride with me!!! I will slow down